Man every time I try to find the words to describe my experiences, I find the word beauty. Life is far more beautiful than we give it credit. I can't tell you how long I sat unsatified with what I was doing with my life, just feeling like I was waiting to start really living. I always pondered what it would be like to really chase my dreams and even at times, I allowed myself to give into impulses and extravagant adventures, but I never really felt satisfied by living the American Dream. I wanted more. I want more. Forget the picket fence. Forget the perfect paying, but miserable job. Forget politically correct. Forget the Matrix! Chase your dream. I think people underestimate the need to be happy. We have one side of the world saying that happiness isn't what is truly important and the other saying that happiness is all there is. The first is about sacrifice and conformity. The second is often about selfishness and temporary satisfaction. What I am proposing, is that we do the most difficult thing there is and find a balance. Someone I really respect once told me, "love God with all of your heart, soul, and mind, then do what you want." I guess the idea is that if you're heart is right then what you want to do shouldn't really be a problem. So I ask you, what do you dream about? What's holding you back? Is it something that is more important to you or is it just normality and a lack of understanding that you don't have to live the life that our culture portrays as normal? Take a risk and I guarantee you'll walk out feeling more complete. Now that that's off my chest, I'd like to just quickly update you on my past weekend so I'm all caught up in my blogging.
Last weekend, I had a packed weekend. Saturday morning I headed to Arenal, which is an active volcano. (I want to just state that this was part of an excursion that I paid for in my program fee for the semester). The first thing I did was a canopy tour where I went zip lining in the jungle. The coolest part was this part where I was just attached by my A rope to my harness. Then I was pushed out over the jungle just to fly. It was absolutely incredible. I swung over the trees quiet, just amazed at the beauty that I was flying above. I can't help now but be jealous of the birds. They have the best view in the world. The last zip line was pretty cool too. It was a 600 meter line that I did superman style. Again, just felt like I was flying, and I loved it!
After zip lining, I headed to the waterfall at La Fortuna. I loved standing in front of this beast of nature, just feeling the mist on my body and it's strength in my feet and ears. I wanted deeply to swim behind it but a security guard politely informed me that that couldn't be on my agenda. So I swam in the river and dipped myself in the water in front of the falls.
As if is day hadn't been cool enough, I got to the hotel that I had already paid for as part of my program, and I was just stunned. I went from beautiful nature to magnificent human creation. This hotel was probably the nicest place I will ever stay at in my entire life. It had nearly 30 hot tubs/pools, some with bar islands, that were all filled by natural hot springs. Then my room had a balcony with a clear view of just jungle and volcano. Around 2 or 3 in the morning, as I sat admiring the view and fresh air, I got to see the rocks of the volcano light up bright red/orange because of the heat of the lava. Needless to say, this was just beyond cool. I just thought about how vast the beauty of the world is and how incredibly powerful nature can be. Shortly after, I laid myself to sleep, and slept like a rock till nearly 10:00. All I can say my friends, is that life is beautiful, and if you disagree, I challenge you to step away from where you are in your heart, and take another look because there is something beautiful right before your eyes; I guarantee it.








No comments:
Post a Comment