Well, all I can say is my time here in Costa Rica is done for now, but I couldn't have gone out with a bigger bang. Saturday, I hit Puntaarenas for the beach. I got myself some sun, and also got invited to do some fishing with some dude who was showing me how to find these narsty little worm creatures in the sand. So my friend and I headed to the pier. I honestly, would have never thought I was such a bomb fisher. Within like 20 minutes I had some 12 odd fish...every time I put the hooks in the water, I caught one or two at a time....who would have known fishing could be so fun. I also gutted and cleaned my fish fish on the pier. My new buddy insisted I bring some home with me to San Jose, so we cleaned em up...a little, threw them in a grocery bag, and off to the bus I headed with a bag full of bloody, but gutted fish. Usually, when a hot bus reeks of dead fish I'm a little grossed out,but something about knowing it was my fish smelling this whole place up was just awesome. Hahah so I took em on home and gifted em to my tico uncle. Anyway, Saturday I got in around 10pm so I headed to bed not too late cause in the morning I was off to jump off a bridge. Alright, so let's get real here...I had absolutely no fear about this whole jumping off a bridge thing...until I stood at the ledge with my heals touching the air, my toes on the ledge, my arms open, and my back to all that lies below. Counting down from 5, when 1 hit, a gently pushed off and let nature take it's course. I was flying....ok...I was falling...but the moments seemed to last forever, when I couldn't feel anything, couldnt even breathe, I remembered yet again how beautiful life truly is. Needless to say, I loved it, and can't wait to do it out of a plane... Now as if that wasn't a cool enough morning, my tico brother had something special for me planned. We got in his car and after a little while of driving through the open fields of sugar and coffee, we landed in a grassy parking lot, with a guy that looked a lot like Rafiki from Lion King...We walked through some little trails and eventually I felt mist on my face, I looked to to my right, only to see this beautiful waterfall...but he told me there's more...so we walked through the water some, and bam! Threre's this monster of a waterfall before my eyes...I experienced air in a special way, but now I was experiencing water in a special way....how light was air and how powerful was water...I loved it. We spent some time in amazement, then headed to lunch for a casado and then to the airport to pick up my other tico brother who happens to be a senior math major at Yale...impressive. I spent the rest of the afternoon just enjoying my family. We watched the Costa Rican soccer championship and of course La Liga won! Then we headed to a christmas concert, and spent the rest of the night talking and just enjoying each other...it's corny, I know, but people in general just need to spend more time enjoying each other. There truly are some people I'm going to miss here, and as sad as it is to leave them, I know that more adventure awaits, and that we will see each other again.
For now, I pack my things and head onward. I know these adventures that lie ahead will hold nothing less than satisfaction, and I am so eager for all I will learn in these coming months. My friends, from what I have learned up until now, I will only tell you to just not let the improbable keep you from doing the incredible...JUMP! ¡Pura Vida!









No comments:
Post a Comment